Housing Solutions Lab
Helping cities plan, launch, and evaluate equitable housing policies
Ask the Lab
Use this form to provide feedback on Local Housing Solutions content or to ask questions of the Housing Solutions Lab team.
The Housing Solutions Lab and Local Housing Solutions are planning resources. We cannot provide legal advice or advocate on behalf of specific legislative or regulatory matters, and we do not administer any housing programs or funds.
If you are looking for affordable housing or for help with a personal housing concern, HUD.gov’s Renter FAQ or these other resources may be useful.
- General Tenant Resources: https://justshelter.org/community-resources/
- HUD Rental Assistance Programs: https://www.hud.gov/topics/rental_assistance
- HUD Rental Assistance Programs by State: https://www.hud.gov/coronavirus/renters
- Rental Assistance Programs By Zip Code: https://www.rentassistance.us/
- Housing Assistance for Seniors: https://eldercare.acl.gov/Public/Index.aspx
- Rural Housing Assistance: https://www.rd.usda.gov/about-rd/state-offices
- Short-term Financial Assistance: https://www.modestneeds.org/for-applicants/apply-for-help.asp
- Security Deposit Assistance: https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html/security_deposit_assistance.html
- Legal Assistance: https://www.lsc.gov/what-legal-aid/find-legal-aid and https://justshelter.org/community-resources/
- Legal Aid and Eviction Defense Services: https://www.lawhelp.org
The Lab welcomes questions from local policymakers, agency staff, and practitioners about housing policies or challenges, peer learning opportunities, or help with data analysis, program or policy design, or research and evaluation. Our team can help answer your most pressing housing policy questions.
Submit an Inquiry
Please submit your inquiry using the form below. A Lab team member will get back to you within 3-5 business days with more information or to schedule a time to talk.