Housing Solutions Lab
Helping cities plan, launch, and evaluate equitable housing policies
On this page
At the Housing Solutions Lab, direct work with cities grappling with housing affordability and other challenges is pivotal. We offer several training and peer learning opportunities designed for local leaders and housing stakeholders. These gatherings help communities:
- Assess their local housing needs.
- Develop a narrative around the challenges residents face.
- Explore policy options to help further housing goals.
- Exchange information with peer cities.
- Learn about housing policy innovations from around the country.
- Access data about local housing and neighborhood conditions.
- Develop comprehensive local housing strategies.
Our cities map
Visit our interactive map to learn about our work with cities.
Peer Cities Network
The Peer Cities Network (the Network) is a year-long cohort experience that brings leaders of small and midsize cities together to learn about housing policy research, innovative practices, and ways to accomplish local housing goals.
Housing Solutions Workshop
Housing Supply Bootcamp
We host daylong, in-person sessions that bring together city staff, development stakeholders, and elected officials to identify barriers contributing to housing supply constraints and build consensus around solutions. Sessions are tailored to individual localities.
The Housing Solutions Lab periodically invites cities to visit New York University for in-person convenings as needed. Cities are able to work with peers and policy experts to strategize on housing issues.